Even if everyone is wearing masks and following the CDC’s safety guidelines, there is still a risk of the virus lurking around offices, cafeterias, classrooms, and conference rooms (especially if there are asymptomatic individuals with COVID-19). It is crucial to test your staff or students before you make the decision to meet in person once again or as soon as you can.
PMH Laboratory is a high complexity diagnostic testing laboratory located in Huntington Beach, California. Since May 2020, PMH Laboratory has performed COVID-19 Group Testing for institutions at no cost to the host employer or organization.
Read on below to learn how our COVID-19 Group Testing Events work, what you can expect on the day of the test, and how to access test results. Additionally, we provide suggestions by the CDC and OSHA to maximize your organization’s safety and health measures during these trying times.
Types of COVID-19 Tests
PMH Laboratory offers both RT-PCR and antibody testing for SARS-CoV-2 to organizations, schools, and other private events.
- PMH Laboratory utilizes Thermo Scientific Taq-Pac and Sequonce as our COVID-19 nucleic amplification test method via RT-PCR. They are both Real-Time PCR test methods with 99% sensitivity and 99% specificity rates, making our platform highly sensitive. This sensitivity allows PMH to accurately report active COVID-19 infections.
- PMH also performs antibody testing using the Abbott ARCHITECT i1000SR instrumentation. IgG testing helps determine whether a person has had prior exposure to COVID-19. Abbott sensitivity rate of 99.6%. Abbott IgG test is one of the most successful antibody tests available on the market.
COVID-19 Testing Day
PMH Laboratory provides on-site personnel to administer tests, collection, and transport of test samples from worksites. We also provide convenient testing at each school site.
Testing with PMH Laboratory is easy. The entire process, from someone’s check-in to completion, will take approximately 2-5 minutes. The test is non-invasive. It is a mouth swab that is easy to collect. After coughing into your mask, you will be asked to run a swab inside your mouth to collect oral fluids. This swab is securely placed in a plastic tube to be processed.
Each participant will provide the attending nurse with their “Patient Consent” form attached with a copy of their insurance card front/back (that is if the employee/student pre-registered and upload their insurance card on the PMH / Med USA portal. The photocopy will not be necessary). The Uninsured form will need to be attached to the employee/student consent form with a copy of a government ID (if a student, the parent must provide a copy of their ID).
Getting My COVID-19 Test Results
1. Upon completion of testing, an auto-email will be generated to the participants' email with a link and access code.
2. PMH will provide the client with a user and password to view the overall health of the testing population.
Get Your Organization COVID-19 Tested Anywhere In the US
We are in the heart of Orange County and we perform regular COVID-19 testing for organizations in Southern California.
We also provide COVID-19 bulk testing services around the United States, even in Hawaii and the territory of Puerto Rico. We send our healthcare staff to businesses, organizations, and schools to do On-Site Testing for COVID-19.
PMH Laboratory COVID-19 Group Testing Fee
PMH does not charge the employer/organization to host the event. All services are billed to the participant’s health insurance, including employer group plans, individual/family plans, Medicare, Medicaid, and State Health Exchanges.
Per the CARES ACT you are not responsible for any payment. If your explanation of benefits shows a patient responsibility, then your insurance carrier has processed your claim incorrectly. Please be advised we are requesting these claims be reprocessed per the CARES ACT. Per the CARES ACT requires no cost-sharing to the patient, no prior authorization, and no network requirements. You will not receive a statement from PMH Laboratory.
Additional COVID-19 Safety & Health Guidelines for Organizations
- Ensuring that employees know that if they feel sick they should stay home
- Making sure that employees know who to contact if they feel sick
- Allowing flexible worksites (working from home if possible)
- Allowing flexible work hours (staggered shifts)
- Increasing physical space between employees and customers
- Postponing or remotely hosting non-essential meetings or travel
OSHA also recommends the following guidelines for a safe return to work:
- Consider making telework available if possible.
- Maintain safe distancing practices.
- Consider limiting the number of people in the workplace.
- Conduct a hazard assessment to determine when, how, and what sources of the virus are likely to be exposed.
- Identification and isolation of sick employees.
- Training to ensure best practies on COVID-19 signs, symptoms, and risk factors.
Schedule Your Organization’s COVID-19 Testing Today!
You can also find more information about our COVID-19 testing services in our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have additional questions or if you’d like to schedule a COVID-19 Testing Event for your business or institution, please contact us directly at 562-592-2890.
Our staff is ready to take your call!
Ensure your staff and students’ safety with a COVID-19 test today!